Clean, stain-free floors are essential for employee satisfaction — no one wants to work in a dirty, unsanitary environment. Floors that have clean and pristine-looking floors tend to impress clients and add to the credibility of your business.
Types of Commercial Floors for Office Cleaning
Tile floors are the top choice of flooring for businesses because of their resilience and durability. They are used in high-traffic areas because they are low maintenance and don’t pick up stains as easily as carpeted floors.
Carpeted floors give offices a homely and comfortable vibe. Places with carpeted floors need to pay attention to how they maintain their floors. Carpeted floors tend to pick up stains easily and collect debris from all the foot traffic.
Commercial Hardwood Floors
Hardwood floors are beautiful, but they do have their challenges. Dirt and grime embed into the naturally porous surface, making them susceptible to damage in high traffic areas such as offices. It is essential to have regular cleaning and maintenance work done on the floors to maintain professional appearances.
How to Clean Commercial Floors
Depending on your business’s flooring, there are different ways to approach cleaning commercial floors in Singapore.
Tile floors are easy to clean because of their durability. You mainly need a mop, a bucket, a neutral cleaner with a pH of seven and an air mover. To mop tile floors:
1. Remove large debris by sweeping or vacuuming.
2. Avoid adding harsh chemicals into your bucket of water, as the solution can strip the finishing of the tiles and give your floor a dull appearance.
3. Using a string mop instead of a sponge mop will only push dirty water into grout lines, making them harder to clean later.
4. Change the water frequently.
5. Set up your air mover to dry the floor faster. You can also buff your floors dry using a microfiber mop.
For tile floors, you need to pay attention to grout lines that are porous and can absorb stains. Using a neutral, natural grout cleaner will ensure the grout sealants do not break down.
While cleaning tile floors on your own is viable, hiring a professional to clean your tiles commercially will guarantee spectacular results much faster. Lifeline Cleaning’s scrubbing and waxing services will bring in our experts with the latest scrubber and polisher machines to easily get those scuffs and stains off your floors. Some stubborn stains require a higher concentration of cleaner solution or stripping of the wax coating. Our professional commercial cleaners will have the knowledge and equipment to make the right decision for you.
There are three ways to clean carpeted floors:
- Vacuuming. It is important to regularly vacuum your carpet, even more so right before you start cleaning your carpet to remove as much debris from the material as possible.
- Spot cleaning with carpet cleaning solution. It is important to regularly vacuum your carpet, even more so right before you start cleaning your carpet to remove as much debris from the material as possible.
- Deep cleaning. Using wet/shampoo extraction cleaning method with disinfectant chemicals. This deep cleaning method prolongs the colour and life of the carpets as well as prevents airborne and dust mites growth.
We highly recommend you engage our professional carpet cleaning services to take care of stains on your office floors. Our professional carpet cleaning and maintenance services create a safe and conducive environment for your employees. Engaging Lifeline Cleaning to maintain your carpet floors regularly will reduce carpet cleaning or replacement costs over time.
Commercial Hardwood Floors
Hardwood floors are susceptible to warping or buckling; a gentler approach is required when cleaning them.
- As always, sweep your floors regularly with a broom or dry mop, especially before mopping.
- Use a microfiber mop instead of a sponge and yarn mop because these mop heads carry too much water and can cause hardwood floors to warp.
- Use a solution with a specific pH balance made for hardwood floors.
Commercial cleaning of hardwood floors will be careful to use appropriate sealants that can keep the hardwood finishing looking shiny and new.
Commercial Cleaning in Singapore
Engaging commercial cleaning services to clean your office floors will maintain a high level of cleanliness in your premises at all times. In addition to office cleaning, we also provide disinfection services to keep your business spaces healthy and safe. We pride ourselves in providing affordable and effective disinfection and sanitation services for premises of all sizes and scales, so any organisation can have the best cleaning solutions within reach.
Get in touch with us to find out how we can provide unique solutions for your commercial spaces.